*This course is offered on our learning management system canvas, please contact email@example.com for upcoming dates if none are listed below*
September 13, 2021 – November 21, 2021 | Online
To register for the course email Kelley-Anne Clisham, firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of this MMC Institute for Teaching Excellence (MITE) course is to serve as a resource for health professionals who are serving or wish to serve as peer reviewers of the biomedical literature.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Explain the role of peer reviews in biomedical journals.
2. Describe best practices for peer-reviewing manuscripts.
3. Apply available Health Research Reporting Guidelines (i.e., EQUATOR network) in the critique of manuscript examples.
4. Discuss the current challenges in peer-reviewing.
5. Recognize the benefits of peer reviewing (e.g., academic recognition and advancement; advancing patient care with new knowledge; intellectual curiosity and professional satisfaction).