- This event has passed.
October 18, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
The series will be held on Wednesday evenings from 5:30 – 8:00 PM, BMC 3rd Floor, Sim Debrief Room B. Dinner will be served at 5:30 PM.
The weekly schedule is as follows:
October 4, 2017, October 11, 2017, October 18, 2017, October 25, 2017, November 1, 2017 and November 8, 2017
The Clinical Teaching course covers seven educational categories:
- Learning Climate
- Control of Session
- Communication of Goals
- Promotion of Understanding & Retention
- Promotion of Self-Directed Learning
The seminars are designed to:
- Enhance participants’ versatility as teachers
- Enhance their ability to analyze clinical teaching using an educational framework
- Provide a forum for collegial exchange
In acknowledgment of the complexity of teaching, the seminars embody a non-prescriptive behavioral approach for improving teaching. Faculty must be able to select effective teaching strategies while taking into account many variables simultaneously, including the content, the learners, and the context in which the teaching takes place. Thus, the seminars focus on principles, guidelines, and behavioral alternatives that teachers can use to improve their teaching effectiveness.