- This event has passed.
Best Practices in Manuscript Peer Review
October 15, 2017 @ 12:00 am
Best Practices in Manuscript Peer Review. (On-line) Course leaders: Robert Bing-You, MD, MEd, MBA, Wendy Craig, PhD, Vicki Hayes, MD
- Explain the role of peer reviews in biomedical journals.
- Describe best practices for peer reviewing manuscripts.
- Apply available Health Research Reporting Guidelines (i.e., EQUATOR network) in the critique of manuscript examples.
- Discuss the current challenges in peer reviewing (e.g., publication bias, fraud and plagiarism.
- Recognize the personal benefits of peer reviewing (e.g., academic recognition and advancement; advancing patient care with new knowledge; intellectual curiosity and professional satisfaction).
The 5-week course is entirely online [Canvas] and will run from October 15 [Sunday] through November 18 [Saturday]. Open to anyone of any discipline, at any location, and with any level of experience with peer reviewing. No cost. CME credit available and a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
The course will be dynamic and interactive, with weekly discussions, readings, and brief presentations. RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org. When we receive your RSVP we will forward the course link and information two weeks prior to October 15.