Scholarship refers to research, quality improvement, educational and advocacy projects with clear goals, adequate preparation, appropriate methods, and results shared through local/national presentations and publications.
To provide MaineHealth pediatric healthcare professionals with the resources and support needed to participate in the identification, development, implementation and evaluation of projects to address pediatric healthcare gaps and advance knowledge
Members of the MaineHealth Children’s Health Service Line are professionally fulfilled because they successfully work together on interprofessional projects that improve patient and community health within a culture that values, supports, and promotes their academic success.
Goals of the BBCH Scholarship Academy
- Develop the infrastructure needed by members to produce scholarly products
- Complete projects that benefit our patients and families clinically and on a preventative population level
- Share project results through presentations and publications
- Advance the academic careers of members
- Mentor pediatric residents, students, and allied health professionals on scholarly project