BBCH Scholarship Academy Application
The MaineHealth Children’s Health Service Line and The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital are pleased to host a system-wide interprofessional Scholarship Academy. The mission of the BBCH Scholarship Academy is to support your academic career success by advancing excellence in scholarship.
The Academy will:
- Provide support to promote clinical, basic science and health services research, quality improvement projects, and innovation in teaching
- Serve as a community of practice for health professionals dedicated to studying how to best improve the health of children in Maine
Up to seven new members will be selected to join the BBCH Scholarship Academy in the spring of 2021 with the goal of accepting a mix of candidates by role, primary institutional affiliation, project type and project topic area.
Competitive applications will:
- Propose a project that is well designed and feasible
- Propose a project that aligns with Children’s Health Service Line priorities
- Demonstrate expertise in the area of proposed study
- Involve interdisciplinary members of a study team
- Involve mentorship of trainees (residents, medical students, nursing students, PhD student, etc.)
Once accepted, members will be expected to:
- Demonstrate progress on their scholarship projects on a quarterly basis
- Participate in monthly work-in-progress presentation/discussion group meetings
Membership will continue as long as you are actively engaged in a scholarship project. Members of the BBCH Scholarship Academy will receive preferential support from Pediatric Research Navigator, Sarah Gabrielson.
Please direct questions to Sarah Gabrielson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and submit your application no later than March 1st, 2021.